Nothing is more of a turn off to responsible potential tenants than viewing a rental property that has not been properly cleaned. A clean rental shows tenants that you are a responsible landlord.
Not sure where to start? Don’t worry! The cleaning experts at Freeman Carpet Cleaning have put together a handy rental cleaning checklist to help you make sure your property is ready for a successful showing.
- Walls/Ceilings- Dingy walls are depressing. A coat of fresh paint will instantly brighten up your rental and make it more appealing.
- Carpet- Dirty carpet is a huge turn off! It makes a rental look run down. Professionally clean all carpet areas between rental tenants.
- Windows- Clean all windows both inside and out. Make sure that windows open and close properly. Check to see that locks are functioning correctly. Clean any window treatments and verify that they are working properly as well.
- Appliances- Thoroughly scrub all kitchen appliances including the oven, range, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Pay special attention to the inside of the oven.
- Cupboards/Closets- Make sure all storage spaces in the rental are clean and clear of the previous tenants’ belongings.
- Tub/shower- A bathroom with mildew will lose quality rental tenants! Scrub grout and reapply if needed. Scrub tub, shower, sink, bathroom floor
- Tile Flooring- Be sure that any tile flooring is cleaned properly paying special attention to the grout.
- Outside area/garage- Make sure garage is swept and free of any clutter left behind by previous tenants. Mow the yard. Sweep/hose off the porch.
Showing a clean rental home to prospective tenants shows that the landlord cares about the property and has the same expectation of care for the renters. Clean properties will attract high quality renters. This saves you time and money down the road as a quality tenant will pay rent on time and keep the property in good condition.
Feeling a little overwhelmed by the cleaning list? If you are in the Pocatello, Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, or surrounding Eastern Idaho area, give us a call at Freeman Carpet Cleaning. We would be happy to clean up your rental for you!