The holiday season is rapidly approaching. With all the joy the season brings, there are also unavoidable messes and necessary cleanup. Hosting a holiday celebration is both a pleasure and a stress. The professionals at Freeman Carpet Cleaning would like to share some tips to help you prepare for guests.
- Area Mats - Prevent the dirt and grime from entering your house by strategically placing mats at all entrances to your home. We recommend a heavy duty scraper mat placed outside and an absorbent mat placed just inside your door to keep it
- Shoe Free - By eliminating shoes inside your home, you can protect your carpet and minimize the mess. Make it fun for your guests by providing a decorative chair or bench by the front door so guests can easily remove shoes. Add a cute cubby nearby for easy shoe storage. Consider providing slippers in a bin to keep your guests’ feet warm and
- Vacuum - Your vacuum is going to get a workout when you host a Thanksgiving or Christmas party. Vacuum just before guests arrive to eliminate the possibility of the extra traffic grinding in dirt further into your carpet. Vacuum immediately after to prevent food and crumbs from sticking to the carpet. Make sure to go over the carpet areas most heavily trafficked in several different directions to allow your vacuum to pick up as possible.
- Garbage Cans - Help your guests keep your house cleaner during the festivities by placing garbage cans strategically around your home. This will allow guests to easily dispose of trash, minimizing the risk of spills and stains from cups and plates left out. Be sure to line cans with a garbage bag to keep cans neat and clean.
- Stain Preparation - The best way to protect your carpet is to be prepared for the stains that inevitably occur when hosting a holiday gathering. Be sure to have a good all purpose carpet cleaner on hand where you can access it easily. Have a bottle of club soda on hand to blot out any red wine stains if necessary.
We hope that this preparation list will help make your holiday season a little smoother. As always, if you need any additional assistance in the Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, or Eastern Idaho area, please contact Freeman Carpet Cleaning.